This is a course on the design, implementation, and analysis of contemporary cryptographic algorithms.
Among other things, we will give a detailed introduction to
- elliptic curve cryptography
- lattice-based cryptosystems
- real-world protocols
- public-key cryptography
- modern key exchange and signature schemes
- side-channel safety
- homomorphic encryption
- post-quantum cryptography
- modern symmetric cryptography
We assume a familiarity with the basic cryptographic concepts and tools introduced in the course INF558a.
- Teaching coordinator: Benjamin Smith