This course will focus on the molecular structures and properties of inorganic complexes and compounds. We will study basic ideas of covalent bonding concepts and redox chemistry applied to inorganic chemistry. A variety of inorganic systems will be analyzed in a systematic and detailed fashion through using concepts, models, and experimental data.
Content and Topics
- Crystal field theory
- Ligand field theory
- Hard and soft Lewis acids and bases concept
- Metal oxidation states, redox chemistry and electron transfer
- Topics of current interest in inorganic chemistry
- Miessler, G. L. et al. Inorganic Chemistry; 5th ed.; Prentice Hall, 2014.
- Shriver, D. F et al. Inorganic Chemistry; 6th ed.; W. H. Freeman, 2014.
- Cotton, F. A. et al. Advanced Inorganic Chemistry; 6th ed.; John Wiley & Sons, 2003.
- House, J. E. et al. Descriptive Inorganic Chemistry; 3rd ed.; Academic Press, 2015.
Language course: English
Credits ECTS : 4